- Helen’s Asian Kitchen Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat for making all types of sushi rolls at home
- Made from 100-percent natural bamboo; fast-growing, fully sustainable alternative to traditional materials for a more sustainable living
- Hand roll homemade sushi easily; measures 9.5 x 8-inches
- Fun and easy to use; works nicely as an attractive bamboo placemat, too
- Lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood; won’t scratch surfaces; compact for storage; hand wash in warm, soapy water; air dry thoroughly
Helen’s Asian Kitchen Sushi Mat (makisu) properly forms and shapes delicious hand roll sushi (makizushi) without tearing delicate seaweed (nori sheets). Makes a nice placemat, too. Sushi is a favorite finger food in Japan and popular world wide. Whether learning how to make sushi rolls or perfecting favorite sushi recipes, making sushi couldn’t be easier. Simply place ½-sheet of nori, shiny side down on the mat. Add ½-cup sushi rice, leaving 1-inch uncovered. Add fillings to the center and roll mat toward uncovered edge. Gently squeeze to seal the roll, remove mat and slice roll into 6 equal pieces. Serve with soy sauce (shoyu), pickled ginger (gari) and Japanese horseradish (wasabi). Easily make hosomaki sushi rolls with a single ingredient, like tuna roll (tekka-maki), pickled daikon (oshinko) and cucumber roll (kappa-maki), futomaki sushi rolls with 4 to 5 ingredients, and uramaki (inside-out rolls), with rice on the outside. Made from all-natural bamboo, Helen Chen’s Sushi Mat is lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood, won’t scratch surfaces. Bamboo is a fast-growing, fully sustainable alternative to traditional materials for more sustainable living practices. Hand wash in warm, soapy water. Rolls for compact storage. Brought to you by HIC Harold Import Co.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.